Register Now for Aluminum Week 2014!
Book Your Room at the Grand Hyatt Washington!
The Aluminum Association and Aluminum Extruders Council are co-hosting Aluminum Week, the premier gathering of aluminum industry executives from around the country. Aluminum Week 2014 is five days of networking, presentations and business meetings at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Washington, D.C. September 29 – October 3. In addition to Committee meetings, attendees will hear from high profile speakers on the 2017 Mid Term Review of the 2022-2025 fuel economy regulations, the Environmental Protection Agency’s work on climate change, and gain insight into the political realm and why Washington isn't broken. During Aluminum Week, guests will have the opportunity to meet with Members of Congress and staff on Capitol Hill to help grow the industry’s voice in Washington.
The theme of this year’s meeting is “Aluminum: Driving Modern Manufacturing” and we’ll explore how the aluminum industry is playing a major part in the U.S. manufacturing renaissance.
If you work in or around the aluminum industry, you don't want to miss it.
Highlights of the week include:
- Dynamic speakers including legendary Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward and former National Security Agency and CIA Director General Michael Hayden.
- A talk by Richard Schultz, Managing Director of Ducker Worldwide, on the latest study projecting accelerating use of aluminum in automotive applications.
- Industry insight from Jorge Vazquez from Harbor Aluminum Intelligence.
- Dinner and entertainment from famed political satirists and musical group The Capitol Steps.
- An optional half-day on Capitol Hill to advocate on behalf of the broader aluminum industry.
- Bringing your spouse? We'll have a special half-day tour of Washington covering all the major sights.
Following is a complete agenda of the week's activities.
Monday, September 29
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Executive Committee Dinner (By invitation)
Tuesday, September 30
- 9:00 AM - 10:45 AM Casting & Recycling Division Meeting
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Associate Member Committee Meeting
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Lunch Session Featuring General Michael Hayden
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Sustainability & Communications Committee Meeting
- 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM Aluminum Transportation Group Meeting
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM New Member Welcome
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Welcome Reception & Dinner featuring The Capitol Steps and presentation of the Boultinghouse Award, the industry's most prestigious service award
Wednesday, October 1
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Associate Member/Executive Committee Breakfast
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM General Breakfast
- 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM Sheet and Plate Committee Meeting
- 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Spouse Event -- A Special Look at Washington
- 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Saltcake Work Group Meeting
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Building and Construction Committee Meeting (Joint meeting with AEC)
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Can Sheet Producers Committee Meeting
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Government Affairs Committee Meeting
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch Session Featuring Jorge Vazquez of Harbor Aluminum
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Industry Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Statistical and Market Research Committee Meeting
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM Reception on Capitol Hill
Thursday, October 2
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Breakfast
- 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM Joint General Session with AEC Featuring Bob Woodward of The Washington Post and Richard Schultz of Ducker Worldwide
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Aluminum Association Board Meeting
- 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM Joint Aluminum Association/AEC Board Meeting
Friday, October 3
- Aluminum Extruders Council-specific Events
Register for the full "Aluminum Week" in CVENT to attend.