Cobo Center, Detroit, MI, USA
Now in its 8th year, GALM Detroit is the world's leading automotive lightweighting conference providing design solutions, modelling, material strategies, joining processes, advanced structures & manufacturing innovation insights.
Our 8th summit returns to the Cobo Center in Detroit, and features an agenda which reflects the industrys' investment into a new generation of EVs and autonomous vehicles by both established OEMs and start-ups. This is driving new platforms, architectures and lightweight multi-material structural innovations.
Association members can receive a 15% discount on registration with the code: GALMUS19AL
Highlights of the 2019 agenda include:
- Material Selection For EV & Autonomous Vehicle Architectures And Structures
- Adopting The Latest Dissimilar Material Joining Combinations With Fasteners, Welding And Adhesives
- Implementing Manufacturing 4.0 For Integrated Design And Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Process Innovation Through Additive With Metals At Larger Scale
- Optimizing Multi-Material Combinations For EV & Autonomous Vehicle Lightweighting
- Evaluating Materials For Safety & Enhanced Crashworthiness Performance
- Automated Testing Best Practices For Evaluating Joint Quality Designing Carbon Fiber And Plastic Composites Effectively Into Body Structures
2019 expert speakers and advisory board includes:
- Dr. Venkat Aitharaju, Senior Researcher, Polymer Composites, R&D Technical Center, General Motors
- Dr. Fei Xiong , Vice President, Product Engineering, Electric Vehicles, Qiantu Motor
- Hank Bonutti, Advanced Technology Manager, Mahindra NATC,
- John Catterall , Executive Director, Auto/Steel Partnership (A/SP)
- Leon Kaunitz , Director of Body, Structural Engineering and Advanced Technology, NIO
- Elie Tohme , Director, Body Engineering Karma Automotive
- Bruce Gordon, Head of Engineering, Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp.
For a full agenda and details of our key speakers visit www.global-automotive-lightweight-materials-detroit.com