Air Products is a world-leading global industrial gases company in operation for 80 years. Focused on serving energy, environment and emerging markets, the Company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment and applications expertise to customers in dozens of industries, including refining, chemicals, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. More than 17,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities, and the world.
Sustainability is at the heart of our business. By their nature, industrial gases enable customers to use less energy, lower emissions and increase productivity. We are proud to help address pressing energy and environmental challenges through gasification, carbon capture and hydrogen for mobility solutions.
Air Product’s sustainability efforts are rooted in our “Grow, Conserve and Care” strategy. Learn about this approach and more in Air Product’s most recent Sustainability Report here
“Third by ‘30”
Air Products has set a goal to reduce emissions based on the amount of energy that we are delivering to the world. We will reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions intensity (kg CO2/MM BTU) by one-third by the year 2030 from a 2015 baseline. The goal is fully aligned with our business strategy, is near-term, and holds us accountable for delivering.
We will deliver on this CO2 reduction goal by executing carbon capture projects, producing carbon-free hydrogen, executing low-carbon projects, continuing to improve our operations and increasing our use of renewable energy.
Today, Air Products:
- is a leading supplier of oxygen for combustion, significantly improving efficiency and decreasing fuel consumption in metals, glass and cement manufacturing;
- is the world’s leading producer of hydrogen, enabling refiners to convert sour crude into low-sulfur, cleaner-burning fuels;
- has unequaled experience supplying massive-scale oxygen systems for solid fuel combustion and oil/coal gasification; and
- is the global leading provider of liquefied natural gas technology and equipment, enabling stranded natural gas in remote parts of the world to be transported to countries to where it provides cleaner burning energy.
We continue to invest in internal and external R&D, both within the aluminum industry and beyond. These investments include such innovations as:
- a new methodology for aluminum melting furnaces that can provide significant benefits in production and yield, as well as energy savings;
- combustion applications that reduce the energy requirements in industrial furnaces, improved control heating patterns, and which yield higher furnace efficiencies;
- improved designs for large oxygen plants vital in gasification facilities that maximize efficiency and lower plant cost;
- technology to reduce the power required to produce oxygen by up to 30% in applications such as gasification; and
- a suite of specialized CO2 capture technologies to enable cost-effective and environmentally sound CO2 capture, purification, and compression that will be suitable for various forms of geological storage.