Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Air Products is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for nearly 80 years. The Company provides industrial gases and related equipment to dozens of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. More than 17,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities, and the world. Air Products is a leader in providing products and solutions for all phases of aluminum production and recycling, including oxygen-enhanced combustion systems, degassing, molten metal blanketing, extrusion die cooling, annealing and on-site gas generation.
At Air Products, people thrive on solving tough challenges. Customers in more than 30 industries are more productive, energy efficient and sustainable with our gases, materials, technology solutions and the deep understanding and expertise we bring to them.
Today, Air Products:
- Is a leading supplier of oxygen for combustion, significantly improving efficiency and decreasing fuel consumption in metals, glass and cement manufacturing;
- Is the world’s leading producer of hydrogen, enabling refiners to convert sour crude into low-sulfur, cleaner-burning fuel;
- Has unequaled experience supplying massive-scale oxygen systems for solid fuel combustion and oil/coal gasification;
- Is a leading provider of liquefied natural gas technology and equipment, enabling stranded natural gas to be transported to countries where it provides cleaner burning energy;
- Is a global provider of specialty gases and materials for electronics devices and solar energy production;
- Is a leader in Performance materials for environmentally friendly coatings and adhesives.
We continue to invest in both internal and external R&D. Chief among the sustainable products and services Air Products is active in developing are:
- Combustion applications in aluminum production that reduce the energy requirements in industrial furnaces, better control heating patterns, and yield higher furnace efficiencies;
- Improved designs for large oxygen plants vital in gasification facilities that maximize efficiency and lower plant cost;
- Technology to reduce by up to 30% the power required to produce oxygen in applications such as gasification;
- A suite of specialized CO2 capture technologies to enable cost-effective and environmentally sound CO2 capture, purification, and compression that will be suitable for various forms of geological storage.