Secat is a metallurgical research laboratory specializing in aluminum product and process technologies with ISO 17025:2017 certification. Secat has technical and marketing capabilities to serve various aluminum product sectors including: automotive, marine, aerospace, packaging, building & construction, electrical, and recycling. Secat assists companies with materials testing, failure analysis, alloy development, and the enhancement of processes and properties related to casting, forging, extrusion, rolling of plate sheet & foil, powder metallurgy, and foams & composites.
The scientists and engineers at Secat provide in-depth analysis using state-of-the-art metallurgical tools. Their advanced education combined with industrial experience provides a unique and valuable resource for aluminum companies. Secat is housed in a specially designed 10,000-square-foot research facility in Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
Secat provides a range of services that assist clients in operating in a sustainable manner, including:
- Energy Assessments
- Furnace assessments and comparison to best practices
- Optimization of furnace design including advanced technologies reviewsDross evaluation and salt cake processing
- Consultancy on chips processing, coatings on paint, etc.
Secat endeavors to carry out its own operations in a sustainable fashion. Among the areas in which it has specific in-house policies are:
- Maintains 5S in house (sorting, straightening, systematic cleaning, standardizing, and sustaining or self-discipline)
- Scrap segregation as per alloy
- Can and paper recycling
- Battery recycling
- Lubricant, waste disposal
- Lights policy
- Safety monitoring