Gillespie + Powers, Inc.
Gillespie + Powers, Inc. specializes in the custom design of all types of aluminum melting and holding equipment including Side Well Reverberatory Furnaces, Round Top Charge Melters, and Tilting Holders. We have completed many unique installations that not only involve high efficiency melting, but also provide for contaminated scrap fume incineration and waste oil destruction.
Gillespie + Powers, Inc. moves into the new century with over 60 years of experience in the design, supply and installation of high temperature furnace equipment for the non-ferrous
melting and hazardous waste industries. We find ourselves in the unique position of every day helping our customers find solutions to problems they have in their everyday processes.
Jon Gillespie, Vice President, was once asked, why he thinks Gillespie + Powers, Inc. has a niche in today's tough market. He responded by saying, "We think outside the box! And that's exactly it!" Our "Outside The Box" approach on design has yielded may 'one of a kind' patented solutions. We not only have the people who know how to analyze each particular situation, but we have an extensive history to fall back on and grow from. In the end we fix "the other guys" problems and turn them in to a workable solution that not only benefits our current customers, but also adds to the tools we have to offer our next customer.
Our special expertise in the furnishing of melting and process equipment is the total quantitative approach to all phases of the design. We take a comprehensive look at our clients overall process and their end product(s); we listen and assess their needs, goals, concerns and expectations, prior to designing a single item. We work closely with our clients to design the equipment that will work for their long-term goals without compromising flexibility in their process. We can offer custom solutions found nowhere in the industry.
We include knowledge derived from years of experience in the building and maintenance of aluminum melting and holding furnaces and other process equipment. This has furnished us insight as to the modes of failure and allowed us to advance our product designs. It has also allowed us to develop and design unique patented supplemental process equipment and patented processes that help to increase production and decrease energy and maintenance costs.
In the design of a furnace we carefully quantitate forces that will be generated by the heating of the furnace’s two distinctly different refractory systems, and provide for these forces with the addition of internal expansion and structural steel members placed in an systematic manner.
We have also completed numerous water model studies and have a thorough understanding of molten metal circulation. This, coupled with our knowledge of refractory selection, burner placement, combustion systems and control sequences uniquely qualifies Gillespie + Powers, Inc. to furnish the best equipment in the industry.
Classes of Work
- Design, supply and installation of aluminum melting and holding furnaces.
- Design and installation Upgrade of automated process control and combustion equipment, of aluminum melting and holding furnaces.
- Design and installation of selected, heavy-duty high temperature industrial furnaces.
- Design and installation of refractory systems for hazardous waste incinerators.
- Investigations of refractory systems failures, for hazardous waste incinerators or other high temperature enclosures.
- Refractory design and construction of furnaces involving extensive refractory linings, specializing in glass, copper, and lead.
- Furnishing of industrial combustion components, and automated controls.
- Design , supply and installation of specialized recycling equipment.
- Supply and installation of air pollution equipment.
- Boiler refractory settings and controls.
- Engineering services related to the selection and application of refractories.