The Marlan T. Boultinghouse award is presented annually at the Aluminum Association fall meeting—allowing the recipient the chance to be recognized in front of his or her peers for their work on behalf of the industry.
Learn more below about past winners, who is eligible and how nominees are evaluated. And submit a nomination for this year's award.
An individual must meet the following criteria to be nominated:
- Nominee’s company is a member in good standing with the Aluminum Association
- Nominee has served on an Association division, committee, task force or other organized group within the Aluminum Association for three or more years
Nominations will be evaluated by the Boultinghouse Selection Committee on the following criteria:
- Nominee has served the Association “with distinction” for three or more years.
- Nominee provides leadership to the Association, whether as chair or member of a committee, division, etc.
- Nominee has demonstrated leadership in helping the Association achieve its mission.
- The nominee’s leadership, talents and expertise have advanced Association programs and services over time.
Submit a Nomination
Any member company representative or any member of the Aluminum Association staff may nominate an individual to receive the Marlan Boultinghouse Award.
To nominate someone please complete the below nomination form.
- 2023: David Hazelett, Hazelett Corporation
- 2022: Lee Simowitz, BakerHostetler
- 2021: Tom Grosko, Smelter Service
- 2020: Christel Hunter, Cerro Wire
- 2019: Mike Belwood, Arconic
- 2018: Ken Willings, Aleris
- 2017: Mark Eliopulos, Kaiser
- 2015: Mike Palazzolo, Alcoa
- 2014: Mike Zoll, Novelis
- 2013: Doug Richman, Kaiser
- 2012: Ken Martchek, Alcoa
- 2011: Stephen Williamson, ARCO Aluminum
- 2010: Russell Wisor, Alcoa
- 2009: Robert Longnecker, KB Alloys
- 2008: David Oberholtzer, Valimet
- 2007: Craig Covert, Alcoa
- 2006: Homer Cole, Alcoa
- 2005: Michael Finucane, Nichols Aluminum
- 2004: Steven Fehling, Alcan
- 2003: Robert Hubbard, IMCO Recycling
- 2002: Robert Kazmier, Alcoa & Reynolds
- 2001: Bernard Leber, Kaiser and Chemical Corp.
- 2000: George Hsu, Reynolds
- 1999: Dr. Michael Wheeler, Alcan